Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need advice on low cost mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.

artem

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to choose 4-8 bit mcu with flash and eeprom (similar to Atmel's tiny
series ) more than 3 - 4 GPIO . The most important criteria is cost - needs to be less than 1 usd .

Thanks in advance

The Pic 12f629 or 675 are 8-pin devices,and if you use the internal 4m clk,you have 6 i/o pins.
Should be about a buck.

Dear Artem,

TI's MSP430F1101A microcontroller has 1K flash and 128 byte RAM.
It's small, low power, has 14 GPIO and cost about 0.99$ for 1000pcs.
And - It's 16 bit.

Atmel also makes the 4-bit MARC4 MCUs.
MARC4 are made both in flash and ROM versions.
I think they are cheaper than Atmel's 8-bit Tiny AVR family.
It's the only 4-bit MCU I have seen with flash program memory.
The flash devices are In-System programmable.
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/devices.asp?family_id=633

You can use Motorola (Freescale now) MC68HC908QT1. 8 pin, 5 I/O + input only. Metrowerks C compiler free up to 4k. $0.70 @1k.

**broken link removed**

Microchip will soon launch 6 pin PIC10F20X in SOT23 case!!!

raticus said:
The Pic 12f629 or 675 are 8-pin devices,and if you use the internal 4m clk,you have 6 i/o pins.
Should be about a buck.

dear friend, could you please tell me where I can find the materals on this? Thanks.

Microchip has just introduced the worlds smallest and first 6-pin MCU, with 4 I/O pins:

Introducing the PIC10F Family – The World’s Smallest Microcontroller
**broken link removed**
Microchip continues to push the limits of the 8-bit microcontroller with its latest innovation, the PIC10F family of 6-pin microcontrollers. This family of microcontrollers packs the high performance of the PIC® microcontroller architecture into the ultra-small form factor of a SOT-23 package for highly space-constrained and extremely low-cost applications.
Read the rest here: www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=2060

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

raticus said:
Should be about a buck.
Atmel's 8-pin AVR's ATtiny11, ATtiny12, ATtiny13 and ATtiny15L are similar 8-pin MCU's with 6 I/O's:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/devices.asp?family_id=607#791
The new ATtiny13 has configurable 128 kHz / 4.8 MHz / 9.6 MHz internal oscillator and can run up to 20 MHz with external oscilator.
AVR doesn't divide the clock by 4 like PIC does.
A PIC with a 4 MHz clock runs at the same speed as an AVR with 1 MHz clock.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

saryee said:
raticus said:
Should be about a buck.

dear friend, could you please tell me where I can find the materals on this? Thanks.
www.microchip.com

Status
Not open for further replies.