Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need advice how to learn ic design

Status
Not open for further replies.

yu123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to learn ic design. I have learned semiconductor device , computer architecture , digital electronic and can read vhdl ,verilog code. what i should do next and should i learn digital signal processing?
Any advice is appreciat. thanks.

I think you know may topics. If you are interested in DSP, it is fine to learn. Otherwise why don't you try to increse the knowledge on the hand in topics. You can be expert in may be 1 field and that will be useful.

yu123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
wow..it seems dat you know just about everything..! anyway, from where i come from there's a place called Industrial Skills Enhancement Program..its a nongovernment agency providing training to anyone who's interested..they have attachment with numerous companies ie: frescale,intel,nitto denko etc..all are major ic manufacturer or so..oh yeah, its free..woohhoo..perhaps you should check your place if they have a similar thing..oh..here's their link

http://www.shrdc.org.my/

i would suggest u to work under some experienced person or join some good course with lots of prctical experience.

With all your knowledge, you can try microprocesor design or embebed systems. If you want to go further, you must try with RF IC and SoC (Systems on Chip)

I agree with MRFGUY, if you really want to excel, you concentrate on one subject. But no one will stop you from doing what you want.
Anyways, you can check out Proakis, Digital signal Processing. It has basics of DSP. Then use Matlab so that you can apply what you have learned from that book.

yu123

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
"the Reuse Method manual " is a useeful book on the IC design coding style. It ought place the first place , after do it , you may focus on your interesting or the other spec

Status
Not open for further replies.