Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Advice for Learning Embedded Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjay

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I wanted to ask for advice/suggestions/tips/links etc that one can refer to if they want to start divulging into RTOS such as VxWORKS/uCos/pSOS amongst many others. I have knowledge of embedded systems and programming (C/Java) and have even worked with pic micro-controllers, and basic application of ARM micro-Controller (ARM7TDMI) into one of the college projects.

I am really intrested in learning all these things but being like a new born baby to this field, I was wondering if perhaps I can get some help here and people can guide me accordingly or provide links for resources.

Help and your time would gladly be appreciated.

Regards

try joining embedded course like iiht...VSM...and so on...but it is quite costly 30k i think....or try learning vxworks using online doc....but its realy tough.....atleast give it a try.....

Buy or make yourself simple evaluation board with microprocessor/microcontroller. Download one of the free RTOS. I recommend scmRTOS **broken link removed** or https://www.freertos.org/ and just learn how some of the examples are working. Running real hardware will get you up to the speed quite quickly. Try to make some small changes to those examples and etc. Good place to get evaluation boards are www.sparkfun.com.

Cheers

sanjay

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The key to understanding any embedded system is to understand RTOS porting and its architecture.. Mostly while working on actual projects the hardware is assumed to be a black box and development is done on a simulator..
I think the best way to understand is to first try porting for different OS's and then understand why you do things in a certain way..

THere are many RTOS, I think the pumpkin is better for PICs.

I think that the best it is to find a job in which you can learn these skills (vxWorks, etc. are expensive tools and there is not other approach). I have learn that the best course it is a real life project.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back