Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a suggestion for making integrator and comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

hysamir

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

I need a suggestion for making integrator and comparator. I know how they look like as an op amp view. can u provide me some deatil info about inner schemtics... how does it look like and how it behave. I try to find the schematics for both integrator and comparator... but not much luck...

I am making sigma -delta ADC (8 bit) with 1 bit DAC
also any info regarding this is also welcome

I really appreciate if u can help me out here.

bump... sorry need to do it

hysamir said:
HI,

I need a suggestion for making integrator and comparator. I know how they look like as an op amp view. can u provide me some deatil info about inner schemtics... how does it look like and how it behave. I try to find the schematics for both integrator and comparator... but not much luck...

I am making sigma -delta ADC (8 bit) with 1 bit DAC
also any info regarding this is also welcome

I really appreciate if u can help me out here.

Hi,hysamir
There are many considerations in designing sigma delta modulators. Your sigma delta modulator is a continuous time form or a decrete time form? This is very important because it will determin if you should use a active RC integrator or Gm-C integrator or switched capacitors integrator. But in all these integrators, the core are all the opamps. Different type of integrators have different requirement on the opamps. So, you should firstly read some papers about the opamps. It will be very hepful in your design.
Of coarse the comparator can realized by the opamps, but its speed will be very low and can not be used in high speed applicaions, There are many other type of comparator such as static latch, dynamic latch suitable for high speed applications
Maybe helpful to you and Good luck!
sixth

hysamir

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.