Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a small help in mathcad. I am a first time user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_think

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Say,

a = 25mmSq
b= 10amp

I want to equate this to a / b = kg.

ie I want answer as 2.5kg

then how do we do this?

The above formula above is just for an example. but sometimes we need to change unit of answer. how do we do this?

Thanks

Mathcad has a unique feature where you can include the units as well.

you will get an answer in KG's if the units are defined for both 'a' and 'b' and if the arithmetic of the operation will lead to an solution with KG as its unit

a=25kg/m3
b=10 m3
c=a/b
c=2.5Kg

Hope that helps
Regards
Elchiquito

Elchiquito, Thanks for the early reply.

I am aware of what you said. I understand. that's the best feature also mathcad does it for you. but some places where we want only want to change unit is it possible?

like if I get answer 25cm, and I want to rewrite it as 25tons. is it possible ( without changing input variable's units).

Thanks

i am not completely aware, but to my understanding no it is not possible , once you have a unit mentioned in any constant when you do any arithmetic operation without any units, it renders an error. and i have tried changing the units when i used Mathcad, it was not possible.

Sorry i couldn't help you any further

Regards
Elchiquito

Thanks Elchiquito, No problem.

Hey, here I show you one of practical problem.

4.7cm/2200gauss = 0.0021cm (result i need)

this is one of the practical problem (example is taken from one of magnetics design)

How to change

2cm*3cm = 6x 10 ^-4 m^2

I want results in cm and not in meters. how do i do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back