Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a schematic to PCB software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

routeX

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please give me the name of the software that converts a schematic into PCB layout in single layer. provide the link of the soft if you have.
thank you.

Most of modern programs performs those features ( i.e. Altium, Mentor Graphics, Proteus, Spectra, etc... ).

+++

You can also use Cadence Allegro, capture the schematic by using Design Entry CIS, export the netlist and import it to your PCB Editor..

I think, the question is understood different. Luben111 is refering to auto placement and auto routing software. But particular the auto placement feature won't be of any use for a beginner. And the result of single layer auto routing without well considered placement is rather questionable. I really appreciate the performance of the Specctra router, but I won't suggest it for any one without some years of PCB design experience.

Any PCB design tool will in fact convert a schematic to a PCB, but need the user to perform component placement and either routing the traces or to define the rules for auto routing.

I use the free one called "Kicad"
**broken link removed**
There is a Yahoo group for help.

I tend to agree with FvM, once should not use auto placement, instead he can use cross placement feature, where he is selecting a component in schematic and placing it is PCB board. This would help him floorplan the PCB easily.
You can download demo version of OrCAD Capture-PCB Editor from **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back