Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a Protection Circuits(For Large input signals and ESD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HO_220

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I need a protection circuit for use in the input of a receiver.
this circuit must be protects any devices that is located after this.
The input signal may be large than 20dBm and this circuit must be protect these for ESD.
input frequency range: 100kHz ... 200MHz.
alse i need a limiter circuit for limiting input to a certain power.
any sugesstion?
Tanx in advance.

Re: Need a Protection Circuits(For Large input signals and E

For a ESD protection of high speed circuits, the Littlefuse silicon protection arrays are unique in terms of low capacitance and sharp limiting characteristics. They need however auxilary voltages to define limiting level. Could be e. g. preamplifier supply voltage with a supressor or zener diode to overtake discharge current.

The necessary ESD protetion level depends also on the connected circuit. Some devices have considerable built-in ESD handling capacity.

https://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/SP721.pdf

Littlefuse has also usual low voltage suppressor diodes, but they have higher capacitance.

A power overload protection, handling also permanent overload, at 50 ohms would usually need a coaxial relay to detach input.

Regards,
Frank

Re: Need a Protection Circuits(For Large input signals and E

www.semtech.com

look at the RCLAMP0821P, it's a bidirectional 8 volt clamp with 0.5pf maximum which could be resonnated out with an inductor. They have 5 and 15 volts as well. Little fuse is good, but I find under high current conditions they clamp at a higher voltage than some of my parts like to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back