Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a microcontroller for a QVGA LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rank44

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have any recommendations for microcontrollers with LCD controllers for QVGA (320x240)
I have try on the web site for QVGA LCD to buy no luck in Australia all so
I have a QVGA card as the connection are not the same and need a project microcontroller to display on a LCD Screen
The QVGA Card has a 5+ volt rail
The QVGA pin
1 D0
2 D1
3 D2
4 D3
5 DISPOFF
6 FRM
7 NC
8 CL1
9 CL2
10 VDD
11 VSS
12 VEE
13 VO
14 GND

See this project, its photoframe, and use ATMega8,16,32 8-bit AVR uC :

http://www.circuitidea.com/Article/DIY-photo-frame-with-BL-TFT240320PLUS.html

Of course source code is there.

TFT4.jpg

Are you sure the display module you describe does not have an integrated display controller? The pin count seems low.

You can drive a QVGA with almost any MCU as long as the device has enough I/O for the task, like the project tpetar mentions above.

However, if you want to accomplish the task in a reasonable time frame and still have resources for other tasks, I would strongly recommend an ARM, PIC32 or device with similar resources.

I have successfully used a QVGA with a NXP LPC1768 in a commercial project.

If you need a device with a dedicated display controller for better throughput, the NXP LPC1788 is one such MCU which could meet your requirements:

**broken link removed**

Some other devices from the NXP ARM family with integerated display controllers are:

LPC1850, LPC247X, LPC325X and LPC4300.

Of course there are other devices available from numerous manufactures, the LPC family just happens to be the family I'm most familiar.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back