Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need a fingerprint module

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashking

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I need a cheap fingerprint module

(less than 100$)

thanks

I assume the 3800(rs) is in rupees

so it is around 86$ which is good

any other suggestions ?

You don't say where you are. Sears has a Craftsman fingerprint reader for $35 USD (less on sale). It can be easily hacked to allow fingerprint control of any switch or lock. I have one and it works quite well. My fingers are old and dried, and with my middle finger it works better than with my index finger.

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Here's a link to one project that hacked it: Biometric Projects (a sort of complete how-to) - All About Circuits Forum

John

Last edited:

You don't say where you are. Sears has a Craftsman fingerprint reader for $35 USD (less on sale). It can be easily hacked to allow fingerprint control of any switch or lock. I have one and it works quite well. My fingers are old and dried, and with my middle finger it works better than with my index finger.

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Here's a link to one project that hacked it: Biometric Projects (a sort of complete how-to) - All About Circuits Forum

John

Thanks for replying

actually the modules cant be shipped to my country

I am from EGYPT

I found a module (ARA-EM01)

but I cant find its price nor a good place to ship it to my country

any help or other suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor