Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a current source about 100uA...1mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

H_u_n_t_e_r

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
National LM334 hasn't good tempco..
Im planning use it on 1000Ohm RTD sensor.
Regards.

Use sweap generators or Boot-Strab current source... the error is about 2~5% max... it's really powerfull...

i think you can use the following app.note.

circuit

have a look.. this is the design of bootstrab generator... you can have the current sourse from the diod and Q2 withoutr all other components... so that you do not have delta pulses of current... it's working.. i'm using this method.

Thanx to all reply..But %5 error too big.
There is another Current reference is REF200(from BurrBrown-Texas)
its excellent %0.5 error but difficult to find for me and expensive 5$ each...2.5$ for 1K...

Regards.

REF200

Hi H_u_n_t_e_r

I havent used this chip myself but if you like to try it and do not need so many, then try to get it as a sample. TI is really generous and you can have the chip within 3-4 days.

Good Luck

If you would like to get precision temperature measurements, maybe it would be better to use "poor" tempco current source, and connect RTD in series with stable resistor. Then measure resistor voltage drop, calculate current -> RTD -> temperature
;-)

regards
KamW

Hello!

I have intention to build similar aplication with NTC resistor. What do you think about use of voltage reference 2.5V?

Regards!

Check this!

**broken link removed**

Regards!

Reactions: yma-313

yma-313

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.