Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need 12 v dc to 240v ac 500w inverter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whichever MOSFETs you choose, carry out the necessary calculations. Remember to strike a balance between ease of availability, price, convenience, ease of driving and conduction loss. You might want to consider switching losses as well, but these will likely be very low at frequencies around 50Hz.

Lots depends from iron core size and transformer quality in general. Maybe square area of transformer core is small or you have transformer with 3,5A/mm2 and you make oven instead inverter.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Whichever MOSFETs you choose, carry out the necessary calculations. Remember to strike a balance between ease of availability, price, convenience, ease of driving and conduction loss. You might want to consider switching losses as well, but these will likely be very low at frequencies around 50Hz.

Hai Tahmid,

I just used stp55nf06l MOSFET instead of transistor (from my previous ckt 555 timer and 4013 D-F/F) and I got 12A at the primary, also used one more mosfet in parallel on both side and I got same 12A. Little bit confused8-O , is it posiible to get 25A at primary side of transformer. And one thing I want to clear I am using an induction stove at secondary( my project is run the induction stove using a 12v battery). Do you have any suitable inverter ckt for this project.

Reactions: rawat

rawat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Doesn't matter how many MOSFETs you use, you'll get about the same current. The current drawn depends on the output load. To increase current draw, you must use a load that draws more current. Increasing the number of MOSFETs only increases the current capacity and decreases the power loss.

Doesn't matter how many MOSFETs you use, you'll get about the same current. The current drawn depends on the output load. To increase current draw, you must use a load that draws more current. Increasing the number of MOSFETs only increases the current capacity and decreases the power loss.

I just increased the load then current increase to 20A but vg slowly drops to zero....

no its o/p 230voltage. sorry am using vg as a shortcut to voltage.

The transformer must be able to handle the load and not suffer from excessive losses and voltage drops. Feedback should be implemented to maintain/regulate output voltage. However, a lack of feedback circuitry does not explain the output voltage going down to and staying at zero.

The transformer must be able to handle the load and not suffer from excessive losses and voltage drops. Feedback should be implemented to maintain/regulate output voltage. However, a lack of feedback circuitry does not explain the output voltage going down to and staying at zero.

Yes Tahmid, transformer was the problem, I have to change it. Thanks for suggestion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back