Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nec 78k0 and 78k0S programmer!! Easy to made

Status
Not open for further replies.

psubiaco

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
78k0 programmer

If you need to program Nec 8bit microcontroller, i've made a little interface which must be connected to the parallel port of a IA32 PC.

If you plan to use a large 8bit microcontroller, nec is a good solution, but take care that if its cost is quite good, on the other hand it is very very slow to be programmed... for my opinion, it is not a right place for large volume productions...

The software i made works with both linux and windows platforms, and is available with all sources... infact it is distributed with GPL license, so anyone can use, modify and improve it.
Because Nec programming is very very slow, the 3-wire serial interface programming alghoritm is used (SCK,SI,SO).
You can find all info at https://www.creasol.it/equipment/

Bye. Paolo

interface programmer nec 78k0

If anyone would contribute to improve the already working nec programmer, with GUI or porting the software to other platforms than Linux and Windows, just let me know.
You will find the C sources on www.creasol.it/equipment/
Regards. Paolo

Status
Not open for further replies.