Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEAR-FILED TO FAR-FIELD! - need suggestion or a code

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAMIDREZA2009

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
NEAR-FILED TO FAR-FIELD!

HELLO FOLKS,
I NEED TO COMPUTE FAR-FIELD USING NEAR-FIELD MEASUREMENT DATA (MAGNITUDE AND PHASE-- PLANAR) OF A HORN ANTENNA. I FOUND SEVERAL TECHNIQUE AND CODES WHICH DO NOT GIVE EXACT SOLUTION EVEN SLIGHTLY COMPARIBLE WITH FAR-FIELD RESULT OBTAINED IN ANECHOIC CHAMBER. I THE PAPER BY PROF. SAKAR, HE USED EQUIVALENT MAGNETIC CURRENT TO DEAL WITH THIS SITUATION BUT THE RESULTS ARE NOT STABLE FOR EDGES.

HERE, I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU IF ANY ONE HAS A SUGGESTION OR A CODE (MATLAB) TO HELP ME OUT REGARDING THIS MATTER!

BEST REGARDS,

HAMIDREZA

Re: NEAR-FILED TO FAR-FIELD!

Try with this paper: "Accurate determination of planar near-field correction parameters for linearly polarized probes" Repjar, A.G.; Newell, A.C.; Francis, M.H., IEEE Trans. Ant. and Propag, June 1988.
Anyway if your antenna is linearly polarized, just do the Fourier Transform of your measured data to get the amplitude of the far field without probe correction. To perform probe correction just divide this fourier transform by the far field pattern of your measurement probe.
hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back