Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Near Field to Far field calculation in MWS CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfaaa

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
far field calculation

Help is needed for calculation from near field to far field in MWS CST.
In simulation, forgot to put the far field probe in some positions, the simulation is very time consuming. Does MWS CST support this kind of calculation to users?

Thank you and Regards,

near field calculation

Hi,
the farfield calculation in CST is easy and doesn't need an extra farfield probe. You just add the farfield monitor (solve -> field monitors -> farfield/RCS + frequency). You then will see the 3D farfield once the calculation is done. The bad thing is just that you will have to run the calculation again and you have to choose a frequency for the farfield monitor in advance. You can't do that later (not that I know).
The near field was never of intrest for me but I would say that you should activate the E-field and H-field to see the strength of the field near the antenna.

Like I said, I don't think that you can see the results later if you forgot to activate the monitor.

far field calculated

elomatic said:
Hi,
the farfield calculation in CST is easy and doesn't need an extra farfield probe. You just add the farfield monitor (solve -> field monitors -> farfield/RCS + frequency). You then will see the 3D farfield once the calculation is done. The bad thing is just that you will have to run the calculation again and you have to choose a frequency for the farfield monitor in advance. You can't do that later (not that I know).
The near field was never of intrest for me but I would say that you should activate the E-field and H-field to see the strength of the field near the antenna.

Like I said, I don't think that you can see the results later if you forgot to activate the monitor.
Thank you. But what I exactly need is not the far field radiation pattern at specific frequency, I need the E field intensity at some locations at specific frequency. Field probe can provide these values, but before the simulation, I put field probe in wrong place, so I am trying to get it back now... :-(

Regards,

cst 3d farfield

Hey,
well, that is a problem indeed. I was often frustrated about that in CST, that you can't insert an additional probe afterwards. I think the only way is that you have to calculate it again.

cst field monitor

thats probably becuase CST is a time domain solver

far field calculation from near field

While we're on this topic, do you guys, friends, know when to use the:
1) Field probe
2) Fied monitor

Why does MWS implement the 2 ? I know they are different. But what my question really is, is what kind of plots will (1) and (2) make ?

Thanks friends.

near field pattern calculations

Field monitor will give you the field at a given frecuency . Probe will give you the field in the TIME domain at a specific point you choose.

near field far calculation

Put an E-field monitor. Then after the calculation, write a macro to calculate the field at any far field point.

put a e-field probe and define a curve along wich we want to calculate the field and in post processing template calculate the field along curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back