Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ndt image using wavelet transform

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedance

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wavelets and Gabor???

hi,

in the recent advancements of image processing, it seems wavelets prove lot more better than any other method??? is it??? and does anyone know abt the compression using the "Gabor Transform"? it is also similar to the Time Scale Transform namely the Wavelet... This is a time frequency analysis rather..

And, pls help me with this.. i do a project for compression of images using the Gabor Transform. How do i prove its superiority over the conventional techniques like DCT, DST etc... reg the wavelet analysis i hope it to be the lossless compression technique. In that case, i dont want to compare that.. coz i am intending to do only lossy compression as of now. and also if there are some criteria and also superiorities of GABOR over wavelets then pls let me know that, i would like to implement also that for my project....

regards,
arunmit168.

Re: wavelets and Gabor???

I believe Gabor and Wavelets fall into the same category--Gabor though is time-frequency not time-scale, it is also called Gabor wavelet.

Whether one wavelet basis performs better than others is based on the energy distribution of the image being considered too.

I think time-frequency is more popular in speech analysis becuase the way that it's energy more regularly spread in time-frequency plane which is suitable for voice that can have wide range of frequency spread over time.
But image usually have more energy packed in the lower frequency region, with high frequecies(edges) localized, which most time-scale basis capture this nature.

Since these are closely realted transforms, I think it could be difficutl to show which is better in general. However, it might be possible to show the benefit of one basis over ohters for some certain class of images.

:roll: Just a thought.

You can found material on

**broken link removed**

cedance

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

ulderico said:
You can found material on

h**p://tyche.mat.univie.ac.at/Gabor/index.html

yeh, i found the material helpful but i am in need of teh "Zakian Transform" or any other equivalent transform which is being employed for finding the Gabor Coefficients... do u have a code for calculation of the Gabor Coefficients.. if so pls point the link or upload here.. it would be very useful for my project, otherwise as i said before a tutorial or theory in finding the gabor coefficients,... i got a few IEEE papers but they concentrated on improving the speed/efficiency of the normal method and since i had no information on the ordinary method i found it difficult.,..

regards,
arunmit168.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back