Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ncvlog generates error when testbench top is compiled

Status
Not open for further replies.

er.akhilkumar

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Compilation exits with the following error when testbench top i.e tb_top_asic.sv is compiled after the compilation of testcase which is a class named ac_test and has been instantiated in tb_top_asic.sv as test_top by following string:
ac_test test_top;

ncvlog: *E,NOIPRT (/projects/MC_E_E1/wrk/akumar/trunk/src/tb/tb_top_asic.sv,52|30): Unrecognized declaration 'test_top' could be a spelling mistake [SystemVerilog].

Actually I have compiled both tescase and tb top by using following commands:
ncvlog -messages -CDSlib $WORK_ROOT/ini/cds.ncsim.lib -work work -incdir $WORK_ROOT/src/tb -incdir $WORK_ROOT/src/tb/include -incdir $WORK_ROOT/ovm -sv -define nobanner -use5x $WORK_ROOT/ver/template_000.000/ctrl/sw/ac_test.sv //testcase compilation

ncvlog -messages -CDSlib $WORK_ROOT/ini/cds.ncsim.lib -work work -incdir $WORK_ROOT/src/tb/include -incdir $WORK_ROOT/ovm -LINEDEBUG -sv -define nobanner -use5x $WORK_ROOT/src/tb/tb_top_asic.sv //tb top compilation

Both the files units are created in work library. As per my concern this error is generated because ac_test cannot be used while the compiling tb_top_asic.sv, this all is due to the library funda. But my problem is that we have specified the library name in the compilation command i.e -work work, in which these units will be created but haven't specified the libraries in the command which we want to use while compilation.

Please suggest some solution.

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:25 ----------

Can you please tell why the following error is generated:
ncvlog: *E,DLCIRD: Circular dependency encountered for design unit 'tb.tb_top_pkg:verilog_package'

tb_top_pkg.sv includes all models, drivers and testcase class.

No, I haven't added -top. But I don't think there is any requirement of adding -top as I am just compiling the tb top. Can you please elaborate.

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

I have also checked by using -top for the compilation of tb_top_asic.sv, but it is displaying following error:
ncvlog: *F,BADOPT: unknown or ambiguous options (-top).

Please also tell how to use this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back