Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nanoroute problem during the DEF parsing

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrak

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I am getting the following problem in Nanoroute.

I have taken postCTS DEF from PC and trying to do detailed routing.But during the DEF parsing i am getting the following error.
Error: cell instance 'reg_aInvAdr[4]' does not exist in cell 'top' [ERR-NET-608]

I can see the instance in DEF file.what changes can i do.

Thanks in advance

Nanoroute Problem

HI coolrak,

I do not know the exact reason for your problem. But take this as a reference.
1. Exam your DEF file, PC will always write file with "\" letter. And some tools, such as Encounter can not recognize it. So remove all "\" in the DEF.

2. reg_aInvAdr[4] may be rename to reg_aInvAdr_4_ for instance name. Please check

Good luck

Re: Nanoroute Problem

hey

correct me if i am wrong but you can do CTS only in Astro...so you must have taken post CTS Def from astro...PC is just a placement tool...right

also is FE showing this error only for this one instance or any other instances?

Re: Nanoroute Problem

Hi zhustudio and draz,

Sorry for the delayed response. Draz you are right I am getting the post CTS data from Astro.My Error reads like this in the log

ERROR: <Error in callback> at line 20035 Last token was <;>
Error: def_parser: couldn't add connection of the signal aInvTagExe of index 0. [ERR-NET-354]
Error: cell instance 'reg_aInvAdr[4]' does not exist in cell 'top' [ERR-NET-608]
Error: DEF file: ../Src/def_placed.final.def: parsing failed. [ERR-INP-1847]

The corresponding DEF line looks like this.
20034 - aInvTagExe ( reg_aInvTagExe Q ) ( PIN aInvTagExe ) ( u14406 B0 )
20035 ( u50726 AN ) ( reg_aInvAdr[4] SI ) ;
20036 - aInvldDec ( u312684 Y ) ( PIN aInvldDec ) ;

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back