Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My PANASONIC DVD/VCR player blows fuse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

headman333

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this PANASONIC DVD/VCR player which worked well overtime but then suddenly its fuse in the power supply section blows. I tried to look for any burn inside the unit but I found none, every parts looked OK. But, everytime I replace the fuse, when I plug in the power socket to the outlet it always blows the fuse. I don't have any idea where is the problem on my DVD/VCR player.

The first thing to look for is a shorted capacitor or shorted diode in the power supply. Not easy to track down.

You need to use a ohmmeter which sends less than 0.6V out its leads, so you don't cause neighboring diode junctions to conduct and give misleading readings.

Is the power supply a switching type? With miniature components? Then it will be hard for you or anyone else to work on.

A technician would probably say "Right off the bat I'll offer to test it with a new power supply. If it solves your problem the charge will be $50. If your power supply is good then I can try to diagnose the problem but my time will cost more than the unit is worth. "

If you feel like doing some hazardous experimenting on your own, try installing a variac to reduce power voltage (or add a light bulb inline). Bypass the fuse with a jumper wire.
Then:
* See how much current the unit draws.
* See if you can feel a component heating up.
* See if you can figure out if any board is drawing overmuch current.
* See if the display works.
* See if the tape drive works.
Etc.
Watch that power draw doesn't go over a few watts, lest you risk ruining the unit or causing a component to explode.

Even if you can track down the section that's faulty, to fix it will not be easy unless you have an identical spare from another Panasonic unit.

PANASONIC DVD/VCR model ? I have schematics

Can you send me the schematics?

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

the model is LSXK0100.

¿Lsxk0100 is a internal dvd for cpu ?
Only have schematic for home dvd player

This the model no. PV-D4732. If you have this can you send or post it here?

Service ManuaL for you.
Schemes in the content of the file.
Always work with caution.
Regards

Attachments

• PV-D4732NASVC.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Thanks much DIDAKE...This is helpful!

a blown fuse indicates that bridge rectifier may be shorted or the oscillator transistor may be shorted in SMPS type power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back