Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My magnifying Work lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

thudpucker

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I retired, I gave it all away. I never intended to work again.....Now I'm so bored I want part time work, and I miss my tools.

Especially the Magnifying Desk lamp used for doing work on PCB's.
dash out 4.jpg

This is the Dash out of my 97 F-150. Somewhere on this board is a Cold Solder joint. So somebody says. But I can't see it, and I think it could be a lack of input from the Transmission/drive shaft as well.
It's fun to have a little project to piddle with. Especially when there' s Wrecking Yards in easy driving distance.:-?

I found a free way to zoom in on microscopic joints.

Use a scanner with 4096 resolution onto a 96 dpi monitor with a huge image file may be slow but results in a zoom factor of 4096/96=40x

Or use 1024 dpi scan with 10x

Then use a picasa or gump,or irfanview to,zoom in (disable options to recalculate on zoom for,fast response in I_view.exe

Only problem is depth of field of focus is limited depending on xenon or LED light source.

The other solution is a 10x optical eyepiece.

5x cheap Loops are poor quality but help.

Those are good tips. A worthy post.
I'll see what my friends can scare up for me tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.