Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MY LG TV will not turn on (LG 47LC7DF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flecha2

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My LG TV would take hours to turn on. The red light would just flicker, but nada. I read where this was most likely due to bad capacitors. I opened the set up and sure enough there were several obvious faulty ones there. I purchased the exact replacement, soldered them…and now my TV will not turn on at all. I checked to make sure that everything was connected, etc. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Thanks.

which capacitor you changed in smps section , is it filter capacitor ?

It was 5 radial electrolytic capacitors in the power supply board.

check to see if the set is in standby mode from the remote control

How do you check for that? Mine does the same thing after turning it off multiple times but I don't have a remote.

fault may be due to the nvm needing reprogramming

If it is radial capacitor...it will be electrolyte type...I think.....do two thing first check the voltage rating of capacitor that you replaced and present on board and second is check the polarity of the capacitor that you are mounted....so check that any unwanted solder get dropeed on your board on not....

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back