Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My Final Project - Need Help ( Wireless Comm + Matlab)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick_533

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Use Matlab for the project

The project is about GSM. While the standard modulation in GSM is GMSK, an 8-PSK modulation scheme was introduced later. The project is based on 8-PSK.

The questions below are essentially guidelines for your project, requiring you to make several choices for the parameters of filters etc. Choose carefully within valid ranges, specify your choices and assumptions clearly. Also you are free to generate and include additional results from your simulations (additional to what is asked below) if you think it will add insights.

Finally, write a descriptive report including your results and discussing them. Compare to theory wherever possible.

1) Simulate an 8-PSK modulator with a Raised Cosine (RC) pulse shaping filter, with a RC parameter of your choice. Illustrate the input-output waveforms, power spectral density and any other data that you think is useful. Use oversampling (N samples per symbol) for your simulation.
2) Simulate a AWGN channel and a demodulator. Assume perfect sampling and illustrate and discuss the performance of the modulator-channel-demodulator in terms of BER vs SNR.
3) Introduce sampling error by x% (choose x so that you get measurable results) and show and discuss the degradation in performance.
4) Replace the AWGN channel by a Rayleigh channel and repeat question (2). Choose user velocity properly to get interesting differences in performance. You may use the channel models you developed for your midterm or any other readily available matlab model.
5) Choose the (k=4, n=7) Linear Block Error Correcting code, that was discussed in class. Code the source data and repeat question (2). Show and discuss the improvement in performance.
6) Construct the GSM Normal Bursts from the source data and repeat question (5).

i have attached a m-file (in the form of txt file) from my previous post graduate assignment which requires me to simulate a bpsk transmission using baseband envelope approach; using either rectangle, sync or raised cosine pulse shaping through a AWGN or Rayleigh flat fading channel. i have also wrote the commands to plot the ber vs snr plot.

well, i guess you can use to modify by m-file as i have specified very clearly the meaning of each command in the attached m-file.

nick_533

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes is ur code works for entire problem ??

hey i am still working on m-file

i need to edit it for this project rite ?

guys today is my final day for submission if any one of u r online plz lemme know

Status
Not open for further replies.