Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mx29gl512f parallel nor flash chip write problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipmonk1027

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys

I am working with an Mx29GL512 parallel memory chip. Geee... quite complex. the datasheet makes it look simple and easy to use but I cant write to any location, I cant even check the sector lock status on the device. Whenever I activate the Chips OE, it gives me 0xFF which the blank value for the addressed memory location... even when I perform the Sector Lock Status Verification.

I also cant get the RY/By pin high after pulsing RESET.

Please Help anyone.

Hi,

Please reread your post and try to find out wether it is possible for us to find the error with your given information.

We don't have a schematic, we don't know voltage levels, we don't know your timing...
... and we don't have a crystal ball.

Klaus

[moved] Kanada Technologies (A VLSI Training Academy)

Thank you very much fro the swift response. I am trying to write data to this parallel flash memory chip. So as prescribed in the datasheet... I am placing setting the desired address on the Address lines and then placing (0x55AA)16bit Data on the dataBus then with OE# High I pull CE# low then pull WE# the pull up WE# anc CE# simultaneously. Then I preform a read operation on the very address and apparently I still get 0xFF.. meaning the data I tried to write was not written to the chip.

Hi,

A textual description like in post#3 is not helpful.

How do you do this? With numerous wires connecting manually to VCC or GND? I don't hope so.

Still true:
We don't have a schematic, we don't know voltage levels, we don't know your timing...

Klaus

[Moved]Mx29gl512f parallel nor flash chip help

Hi guys I am using the MX29GL512F parallel EEPROM chip for my project. See I need a parallel EEPROM chip to store data and quickly retrieve 16bit data from the EEPROM chip when the system is running. So I dont understand the data sheet completely. I mean take for instance to read the silicon ID of chip the same operation if performed a when you read a memory address 0x0200 of any sector!!! How then does the device differentiate! Ok, now comes reading what they call the status register, for example I need to tell when the program operation has been completed... Ok so I basically perform a read operation but remember the device goes back to READ mode after it finished programming.... How do I know if the system is reading the memory array or the status BIT.

GUYS please help... anyone who has used this CHIP before, or anyone who knows another chip that can provide 33Mx16 bits... no passwords or funky codes something real simple

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,

Datasheet says:

to read silicon ID you need to pull A9 to Vhv = 10V
With other standard operations the A9 high voltage is about 2V (depending on IO supply voltage)

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back