Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MWS Wishlist For the Next Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan1

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lets make a wishlist for the next version of microwave studio. I would add cluster computing to the list. What are your wishes?

Better educational support materials equivalent to what Ansoft Cooperation is providing :)

I hope in the next version MMS also becomes more memory efficient

I want to see an option for "freezing the calculations" . This would help me run other programs on my computer when I need it for short times and continue simulations when I leave ( something like a 'clean abort' in HFSS ). Otherwise MWS hogs up the system usage to fullleaving me unable to even open a pdf.

I also would like better support for "Periodic Boundary Conditions" some thing like the Master-Slave boundary condition in HFSS so that I can simulate PBG unit cells whose lattices which are of non-square geometry.

-svarun

You remind me another feature svarun. I hope they add an option to continue a stopped simulation like the option with RSOFT's Fullwave. In Fullwave you can stop a simulation then analyze the results and if you are not satisfied with the results you can continue to the simulation where you left off. But now with MWS to do such a thing you have to start the simulation all over.

Remember, you can always use task manager to stop MWS using all resources on a Windows system. Set it's priority to low while you do the other things, then put it back when you have finished.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back