Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MW interference problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

inductor

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I like to listen to a station 1000 Miles away on 1190KHz at night. I use a tuneable multi turn magnetic loop antenna that is passively coupled to the ferrite rod in the radio to pull in the station, it works well.

But there is a station at 1200KHz on nearly the same vector that bleeds over the station I want.

How can I make a low pass RF filter that would choke off anything above 1190KHz and employ it with my present setup??

radio.jpg

Last edited:

A tunable notch filter would be more effective than a low pass filter.

Keith

Ok
How can I make a tunable notch filter that would stifle 1200KHz and allow 1190KHz and employ it with my present setup??

Hi
I like to listen to a station 1000 Miles away on 1190KHz at night. I use a tuneable multi turn magnetic loop antenna that is passively coupled to the ferrite rod in the radio to pull in the station, it works well.

But there is a station at 1200KHz on nearly the same vector that bleeds over the station I want.

How can I make a low pass RF filter that would choke off anything above 1190KHz and employ it with my present setup??

View attachment 72641

inductor,

Your best bet is probably to buy a communications receiver and then use the LSB (Lower Side Band) receive mode.

Also, if you go that route, you could probably be able to vary the IF bandwidth AM mode, or maybe at least 'shift' the receive passband down 3 or 4 kHz thereby attenuating the lower sideband and carrier from the 1200 station using the radio's native built-in IF (Intermediate Frequency) filter.

I have done each of the above with several HF receivers I presently own (Kenwood, TS-140S, Icom IC-756Pro2 etc.) to avoid a next-channel-up AM radio station.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back