Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MultiSim: AKA Circuit Design Suite, Student Edition Librarys

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrider

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circuit design suite student edition

I'm a student so naturally I got the student edition of Multisim. The problem I'm having is I find I can't layout even the simplest circuit, because there are only a handfull of components in the libraries.

As soon as I get started I find that I don't have most of the parts I need.

For example, we were given a simple 2 stage amplifier circuit. The transistors were not listed in multisim. As a result it was faster to build the circuit and do the testing manually, even though this was not required by the assignment. I hate to think how much work a more complicated circuit would mean.

I bought multisim to test circuits, instead I can only spend hours looking for part info.

Is there an answer to this problem? I feel I've been suckered by NI! This is not what I had planned to learn.

PcRider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back