Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiply capacitor value

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimalkhanna

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do I use a 1,000ufd capacitor to reflect as a 100,000 ufd for my 24hr delay switch?

A mechanical switch?

The word 'reflect' could lead to many ideas. Keith already gave you one... counter.

Last edited:

I doubt you can use a very large capacitor for very long delays due to leakage. Is this really an IC design question? I would suggest a counter to increase the time. I think there are some long time monostable type circuits which include a clock and counter in one IC.

Keith

It isnt a timer delay design.Its a charge storage for 24VDC/50Amp load converter.
However , when the input power goes OFF,the output needs to be present for almost 12secs to prevent alarm protection.

You don't say what the circuit has to power, but there are very large capacitors available - 0.1F to many 10s of Farads but they may not be the most cost effective solution, or suitable in your case. If you cannot reduce the current consumption of the circuit that needs to be held up for 12s then you could simply use a 100,000uF capacitor. If you cannot find one then just find the biggest you can and solder several in parallel. Another option is to use a small rechargable battery.

Keith needs to be held up for 12s then you could simply use a 100,000uF capacitor. If you cannot find one then just find the biggest you can and solder several in parallel. Another option is to use a small rechargable battery.

Keith

I think the rechargable battery is an option which I shall try for the desired AH values at 24VDC ...could be a very tangible option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back