Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mina2016

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. How can I design an unsigned shift- add 4 bit multiplier in multisim? how many shift register I need? Tnx in advance

Hi,

You can simply use paper and pencil for this task. (That's what I do to get a more clear view on the problem)

I don't know what your design goals are .... but for a sequential solution you need just one shift register.
But you could also do a fully combinatorial solution without shift register at all.

Klaus

Hi,

You can simply use paper and pencil for this task. (That's what I do to get a more clear view on the problem)

I don't know what your design goals are .... but for a sequential solution you need just one shift register.
But you could also do a fully combinatorial solution without shift register at all.

Klaus
Thank you. The goal is to design a multiplier by shift-add . I used two shift register and one full adder. connecting them together. I need to design a control unit for it

Status
Not open for further replies.