Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple security doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronproton

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all..
I intend to make multiple security doors (maybe 4) with keypad or rfid that all connected to a server pc so the pc can monitor and control the doors.
I think I should use RS-232 to RS-485 converter then connect all the doors to the pc via 485 and for the pc i use borland delphi to control and monitor the security doors.
I have questions:
1. should i use EEPROM for the users id and passwords OR should i transfer all the incoming id to the pc then the pc check if the id is right/wrong and then decide to open/not open the door.
2. if i use the 2nd option, will it be efficient (in time)?
3. can someone give me ideas to improve my idea?

Sorry for my bad English
Thx

Dnl

u can use computer for checking the ID and pass but consider the times when the computer crash for a moment or for the reason of no electricity.so u should add redundancy for example a micro dependent circuit that backup ID and passwords in the flash and when there isnt computer your board decide to open or not.

its better to use a memory rather than sending to pc.

i think it is better to use a eeprom for the time efficiency and try to make it a stand alone devices with power supply form both battery and the mains.So that at power failure the door remains at operation condition.If u want to monitor the status of the doors then y do u want to use computer u can use LED with a centralised RFID receiver unit.IF there is any need to control the doors form my then u can use it

Its better to use a EEPROM than using timing.
Bcoz, storing and sending makes things much better resuluts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.