Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple I2C LCD mikroC PRO PIC Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

milan.rajik

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here I am posting mikroC PRO PIC code for multiple I2C LCDs. With this you can have a device like DS1307 of I2C bus and also 8 I2C PCF8574T based LCDs.

I didn't post this in my previous thread in DIY section because its title had CCS C Project but this is mikroC PRO PIC project.

I have used these I2C LCDs

https://www.banggood.com/buy/I2C-LCD-Module.html

and this I2C LCD module with HD44780 parallel LCDs.

https://www.banggood.com/5Pcs-IICI2...-For-5V-Arduino-1602LCD-Display-p-964315.html

They have 3 SMD jumpers which if shorted connects to GND. They are used to set address for the device.

I have tested the code on EasyPIC v7 with 2 LCDs and it works fine. Have to order 6 more LCDs and test an RTC project and a calendar project.

Attachments

• LCD Li.rar
    154.9 KB · Views: 301
  • multiple I2C LCDs.png
    multiple I2C LCDs.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

I used Arduino I2C LCD library and controlled the backlight of the LCD. Have to modify my mikroC code so that backlight can be controlled.

- - - Updated - - -

The I2C modules are just great. One can also control the brightness of the baclkight using PWM. I tested using Arduino I2C Library and PWM code. There is a two pin header with a jumper clip which when shorted connects 5V to A pin of LCD. If jumper clip is removed and PWM is input then it goes through a transistor to A pin of LCD. I increased the brightness of backlight in steps of 10 from 0 to 255 and it just worked great.

Hi,

where ca I find the mikroC PRO PIC code for multiple I2C LCDs you wrote for I2C PCF8574T based LCDs ?
I am very interesting because I have a LCM1602 IIC I2C-LCD board and I want to use it on my EasyPIC v7 but there is no library with Mikro C compiler ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.