Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple antennas in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnAkhA

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am trying to simulate a structure with multiple antennas. however when i plot the 3D radiation pattern, only the pattern due to one of the antennas can be seen. can anyone help me with how to simulate and plot 3D radiation pattern of multiple antennas please? thanks

masadi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multiple antenna? you meant antenna array?
have u set the antenna array simulation on HFSS-->radiation --> antenna array setup ?

AnAkhA

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
actually i managed to solve the problem at last. i did not use antenna array setup as the antennas were not exactly an array.

when the tabs HFSS->fields->edit sources" are clicked, the source editing window appears. HFSS automatically set the scaling factor of the second source to 0, that was why i could not see the total fields.

still, thanks a lot for your attention masadi.

Status
Not open for further replies.