Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multipath dependence over frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrishev

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

i could not find any clue about frequency dependence of multipath phenomena,
but, i am expecting that at high frequencies (over 2 GHZ up to Ku band) multipath
is more problemetic than at low frequincies ( 400MHz eg.)

Has anybody an idea about this.

also, what is the worst effect of multipath to a receiver; degrading the signal below the receiver sensitivity or inter symbol interferance (ISI) effect.

thank you.:|:?:

Hi Andreshev,
We are working this kind of work with my collegue.
But my man we must work hard.
with my cordial regards
See You

Added after 4 minutes:

Of Course my man the answers of your problems;
ISI is the big problem for multipath,
The power receiver sensitivity can be beat by amplifying the signal.
Also some signal degradation cause of rain or snow in Ku band can be omitted by increasing the signal power
See you man

andrishev

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
multipath fading is not a function of frequency.....

however it causes ISI for the receiver.............

as multipath causes multiple copies of the same message arriving at different times at the receiver hence interfere with the just arrived symbols.....causing inter symbol interference..........

so multipath has ISI as major impairment.............

hope that answers the question

andrishev

I'd say multipath has a higher effect at low frequencies, since high freq links use high-directivity antennas (>25 dBi).

andrishev

Thanks for your answers...

So, is it the only region that multipath has higher effects at lower frequencies because of antenna directivities (geometry)....

or, can we say also at higher frequecies, for example reflection from ground will be lower at higher frequencies (reflection constant) etc..

have a good day :|

Added after 7 minutes:

one more thing...

i am planning to make a channel sounding ( direct RF pulse measurement) for a system with one omni directional antenna at receiver site and a directional antenna (>19dBi) at transmitter site.

Has anybody experience on channel sounding.:D

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back