Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multipath channel is LTI or LTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_ratheesh_k

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
can any one pls clarify thsi doubt.
MUltipath channel is Linear time invariant or not. how can w eprove

Thanks
MRK

It's LTI. If either the transmitter or the receiver is moving, then it becomes LTV.

Hi,

Its LT variant, even if the transmitter and receiver are not moving, still their environemnt is changing, so its always LT variant, u can assume it as Quasi stationary during very short period of time.

But be careful during ur design, when u put very short period of time, u r actually increasing complexity.

BR,

Arif Khan

Added after 9 minutes:

Hi,

Hang on !!!! one more thing to mention, is it Linear? let me think of it,
No i dont think that its linear,

wireless cannel is random, non predictable for a long period.

Let me see some book man, i have doubt that its linear?

well it says that they are considering Linear Time variant channel in terms of Wide sense statinarity. the book in front of me is "channel adaptive technologies nd cross layer design for wireless systems with multiple antennas" by Vincent K. N. Lu et al, u can see its chapter one.

But i m still not convinced why they are calling it linear? right now i dont have time to look into it, but i wrote it in my notebook to see it later.

if you find a convincing answer let me know as well,

Please press helped me !!!

Arif Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.