Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MultiLayer PCB Designing Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buiducthang

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im designing in Altium Designer enviroment. Now, i want to design an mulitilayer PCB. How can i start? Does anyone have manuals for designing multilayer PCB?
Thanks and regards,

I will be glad to help you with the little experience I have, however I am not sure what kind of info you need (general guidlines, tutorial for Altium designer...) .
Can you please add some details?

Regards

Dear buiducthang,

There is plenty of information in Altium Wiki Altium Wiki - Altium Wiki - The Altium Wiki I recommend visiting this site for any question.
Regarding multilayer PCB, basically when you are in the PCB editor go to Design >> Layer Stack Manager and then click Add Layer. After that you will be able to chose which layers you want to working on in the menu view configurations (Keyboard L). Otherwise it is a bit confusing to work with multiple internal layers.

A good recommendation is to use some internal layers as power planes. Note if you define power plane layers in Altium, they are negative masked layer, therefore if you trace a track it will be a copper free zone!

Good luck,

Ernest

Thanks for replying. I refer in Altium Wiki and download some manuals. I also discovered Layer Stack Manager guide. But the information is not enough. I need some documentations with more details include: guidelines, tutorial guide,...
Thanks and Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.