Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multihop wireless communication systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

engshaf

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

I want to ask you about this :

(( increasing the number of hops make outage probability and bit error rate worst))

any body give me the reason

I believe this is more based on statistics. Each hop you make introduces the possibility of error in the bits because of noise and the translation and transmission of the data at each spot. Each transmitter is packaging your data and send it with a DAC to the antenna to transmit. The receiver has to receive that message and convert it to be usable. Each time this happens you have error on both the DAC of the transmitter and ADC of the receiver. This would stack down the line as you kept packaging and sending the message down the line. Introduce noise along with this equation and you have a lot of stacking potential for errors.

This usually can be correct/verified by having checksum checks at each receiver to make sure it received the message that its suppose to.

Status
Not open for further replies.