Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi Voltage or Multi Threshold designs ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo321

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to use Multi Voltage or Multi Threshold concepts in my design. Can I do this using only Design Compiler or do i need to use Physical Compiler also for this????
Also ... for clock gating is it necessary to use Power Compiler???

Can anyone guide as to what should be my approach for this??

Thanks in advance.

DC is able to handle the multi threshold design... but for that you need to inform your tool for it... that which lib is high vt and etc...
For clk gating, again DC is able to handle... inform DC that you want to implement clk gating with min. bus width of x bits.... and infom the style for clk gating... and inform which cell from library should tool use to implement the clk gating... normally in library ICG(integrated clk gating ) cell is available.... so you can inform tool to use that cell instead of descrete logic

Hope this helps...

neo321

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@ viju.
Thanks a lot for this invaluable help... :D

u have mentioned tht DC handles multi Vt and clock gating.. do i have to include the commands in the script file ?? ... if yes can u provide some documentation or links for this?????
I would be very grateful if you can help in this...

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back