Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multi polarization conical horn antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

aghil139

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.
i want to design a conical horn with variable polarization characteristic.
changing in polarization taken with a motor that rotate a plane that taked place incide horn
please help me .
thank you

hi.
i want to design a conical horn with variable polarization characteristic.
changing in polarization taken with a motor that rotate a plane that taked place incide horn
please help me .
thank you

You do not define what polarization you need. The feed waveguide defines the polarization.
I have used a conical horn with a rotating quarter-wave plate in the cylindrical feeder, to vary from linear to circular, RHCP/LHCP output polarization which all happens during one half-turn.

What you need is the receiving system(s) with a defined polarization (s) to check how the transmitting polarizer/horn operates.

To learn more, get a satellite Ku-band LNB with electrically switched linear polarization.Two perpendicular probes end the circular waveguide and their LNAs are switched to make the LNB receive vertical or horizontal polarized signals. You can use a similar device to transmit, too. By phasing the signals you can excite also circularly polarized waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back