Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-Layer Board Via issue (EAGLE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipmonk1027

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I am designing my first multi layer board with eagle, and I noticed something really really strange. Well you declare the types of vias (blind and buried), then when routing I would have expected eagle to show an error when I move between two layers that have no via declared in the layers setting.. Ok am sure that's quite difficult to understand so I have attached my Layer settings and... what I mean is if I move from layer 2 to layer 16 eagle will just place a via... but look at the layer settings there is no buried via that connects those two layers. Whats the issue there?

Attachments

• LAYERS.PNG
    LAYERS.PNG
    64.2 KB · Views: 116

I'm skipping the question if your stackup definition is reasonable and if blind vias can be produced with the intended substrate and prepreg dimensions.

Your PCB has a via through all layers, it can of course connect layer 2 to 16.

When a blind or buried via is not chosen it will default to the through hole via that spans the entire layer stack.

Do you really need B/B vias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back