Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-CPU for spectre!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

always@smart

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spectre multithread

Hi all,

Anyone knows is C@dence spectre can run on multiple CPU on Redhat? How to do that?

thanks in advance

multithreading spectre

Spectre uses UHD (User Hardware Display) licensing, not job-locked. You can launch as many jobs as you want on a multi-CPU system as long as you are the same user :p

spectre simulation multiple processors

I want to run full-chip verification in a single design, and run the full-chip parallerlly with multiple CPU to fastern the verification process, anyone know how!?

spectre uhd

always@smart said:
Hi all,

Anyone knows is C@dence spectre can run on multiple CPU on Redhat? How to do that?

thanks in advance

Hi

Linux includes a kernel called SMP (Symmetric Multi-processor).
If your Redhat machine has Multiple CPUs or at least the CPU supports hypertheating technology from Intel (Which emulates two concurrent CPUs inside one), then you can get higher performance from your machine.

Due to my experinces SMP has superior than normal kernel.

tnx

multi user one cpu

I have trid it, on a bi-Athlon station on Redhat 7.2. I have done very long transient simulation, only one CPU was used by Spectre but the second one was available to display the curve in real time...

linux spectre cpu

No every application supports running on multi-cpu platform.
For memory bandwidth hungry application, 2-cpu platform is not good.
Because these 2 cpus have to share same memory bandwidth.
Most simulators are not in this case.
In my experience, runing modelsim in hyperthreading-on env. is 2-5 % faster than hyperthreading-off env.

top multiple cpu

hi all,

so does anyone here have ever run Spectre on multiple CPU? please explain to me how does it work!??

thanks in advance..

--always@smart

spectre multithreading

i think the spectre doest n't support it ..

Such the Astro support the Mutli Cpu for single job.

spectre multithread

spectre +multithread=N

where N is the number of cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.