Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-channel design with PCAD 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystery

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is there simpler way to draw pcb for the repeating circuits ?

How are you doing it at the moment?.

Phil :?

I am doing it one by one , ı couldnt find a smart tool doing all these jobs for me .

mystery said:
I am doing it one by one , ı couldnt find a smart tool doing all these jobs for me .

Are you doing the PCB side, or the schematic side.
For the schematic you can copy and paste an are of circuit to the same sheet or a new sheet.
For the PCB side you can copy and paste-circuit an area of circuit and tell it to auto increment the ref des and also to rename nets etc.
This may will cause a problem with the schematic but it is not difficult
to overcome, if you do not mind maually adjusting the ref des on the circuit to match the board.

Phil :D

mystery said:
is there simpler way to draw pcb for the repeating circuits ?[/quote
there is NO reuse mode in PCAD :? :(

No Reuse, but copy and paste works just fine.

Phil 8)

I use and like P-cad aslo. I usualy like to creat the circuit to be repeated
in the layout, then copy and paste it ...then change the Ref des in the layout to agree with the Schematic. seems to be the fastest and quickest way to a clean DRC against the schematic. (Obviousely making sure you pull the correct components from the library for that circuit) Then read in the netlist with the "check for copper sharing" checked ....all should be golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back