Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSPFET - FREE MSP430 flash programming utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellos

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mspfet

Supports full range of Texas Instruments flash-based MSP430 mixed-signal MCU's.
Hardware support - FET (flash emulation tool) or BSL (bootstrap loader).

• 100% FREE;
    Uses JTAG or BSL interface for programming;
    Loads memory dump as HEX;
    Supports BIN, TI TXT, HEX file formats;
    Serialization (unique serial number generation);
    Fuse blow feature (works only with Fusee adapter) ;
    Multilingual support ;
    Tiny (less than 100Kb), does not require installation;
    Command line support, Drag'n'Drop;
    Operating Systems: Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, XP.
**broken link removed**

mspfet.exe

This tool helped me in two particular tasks:

1. I have MSP-FETP430 flash emulation tool from Texas and I wanted to read code and program a plenty of MSPs through JTAG connector (target device JTAG fuse was not blown). It works ! This operation would be impossible under IAR EW environment...

2. I have self-made BSL interface (accoding to slaa096). It works fine with MSPFET.exe

This is very useful tool! Probably the best and the most vesatile way to perform any operation on MSP430 flash memory for FREE. Works with both BSL and JTAG FET hardware - as described in manufacturer's appnotes. Serialization option. Command line operations supported.
Is there anything else one can expect ???

msp430 flash programmer

Is not being able to blow the jtag fuse the only difference between the MSP430 BSL, and the MSP430 FET

msp430 bsl programmer

Great tool! Programming is easy and fast, also the info memory region. If you need only a programming tool it is much better than the kickstart tool.

msp430 flash programming

Seems that the link is dead and needs to be updated.
This website has been moved to:

**broken link removed**

When I use this tool to program MSP430F5418A, the software report an error:Synchronization error,how to deal with it?

Re: mspfet.exe

hi friend please help me urgent
i go crazy please help me
with msp430 programmmer do u use fuseee adaptor?it works?
i cannot program my msp43 i try olimex tool too
but the software says that device dont detect
please help me friend email me with amirhoseintorabi@gmail.com please
thank u

Don't understand what is your problem. What MSP430 target device you can't program?

i want to program msp430 g2553
and the fet dont work
could u suggest a programmer board(a tested one)and a software

i want to program msp430 g2553
and the fet dont work
could u suggest a programmer board(a tested one)and a software

With launchpad (MSP430 programmer/debugger 10$) you will receive also MSP430G2553, so it is working with MSP430G2553 for sure.
https://www.ti.com/tool/msp-exp430g2

Maybe your problem is in missing capacitor (2.2nF) on reset pin (to ground) on target board. Anyway, you can post your problem to
https://forum.43oh.com
https://e2e.ti.com/support/microcontrollers/msp430/default.aspx

i dont think so bcaz actualy reset pin is not neccesary for jtag programming its just for start and reset micro state
u can ignore reset pin and dont connect it to ic jtag pins

i dont think so bcaz actualy reset pin is not neccesary for jtag programming its just for start and reset micro state
u can ignore reset pin and dont connect it to ic jtag pins

RESET pin on target device is used for JTAG / SBW / BSL entry sequence, so FET (or any other flashing/debugging tool) can't do anything on target device if there is no connection to target device RESET pin.

- - - Updated - - -

To be complete clear, if target device have SBW (and MSP430G2553 have it) than target device RESET pin must be connected (even if 4-wire JTAG is used, and SBW is not used).

https://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/JTAG_(MSP430)

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

RESET pin on target device is used for JTAG / SBW / BSL entry sequence, so FET (or any other flashing/debugging tool) can't do anything on target device if there is no connection to target device RESET pin.

- - - Updated - - -

To be complete clear, if target device have SBW (and MSP430G2553 have it) than target device RESET pin must be connected (even if 4-wire JTAG is used, and SBW is not used).

https://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/JTAG_(MSP430)

**broken link removed**

ok you are right hey friend what about tclk how should i connect it
tclk should connect to tdi pin???????is it neccesary to connect an external crystal to micro for programming???

Last edited:

JTAG_4_wire_pinout.JPG

There is no need to connect XTAL on target device for programming

but mspfet contain a pin named tclk?
should i connect tclk and tdi both to pin tdi p1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.