Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430 SPI Communication Problem w/ TRF7960

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedat-G

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am having problem with communication between TRF and MSP430. The software gets stuck when

while(!(IFG2&UCB0IFG))

command line is proceed. Then I decided to observe clock signals between TRF and MSP430.
I have two TRF ICs which behave different under different suplly voltages.:

The first TRF circuit under 5v supply voltage,
@SYS_CLK : 107KHz clock signal with 3V amplitude,

under 3V supply,
@SYS_CLK : 60Khz clock signal with 2.2V ampltide.

If I connect programmed microcontroller to the TRF IC (with EN pin = HI: If EN is HI the clock signal is 3.39MHz - this is defined in datasheet) the clock signal becomes 3.39MHZ signal with 50V amplitude (?!!!) and DATA_CLK is observed as noise.

For the second one,
under 5V : SYS_CLK signal is 60KHz with 5V amplitude
under 3V: SYS_CLK signal is 60KHz with 3V amplitude.

I did not connect this to microcontroller because some pins are not soldered.

So,

Somehow MCU is not communicating with TRF because there is no DATA_CLK signal and is this because of the strange clock signal that I observed like 50V, 3.39MHz signal.

Can someone tell me what the problem is and why I see different clock signals when microcontroller is connected?

Do you think if the TRF is broken somehow???

Status
Not open for further replies.