Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

msp430 microcontroller maximum output delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume maximum achievable delay is longer than the expectable processor lifetime. :)
To be serious, it's a pure software problem.

normally the value depend on the timer, right ? how can i know this value ? or how i have to calculate this value ?

There's more than one way to setup a software delay. You can use a hardware timer or just count instruction cycles by executing an empty for loop. Finally the delay can be scheduled multiple times in another loop, allowing effectively unlimited total delays. For the time being, it should be suffcient to know that it's feasible. You have to go into the msp430 (or whatever controller you'll use) coding details, you need a compiler and a programmer circuit for the respective device.

yes you are right i have to go in details and start coding, i am curious to start coding,

You didn't link an application note in this thread. I guess you mean the PIR switch AN mentioned here? https://www.edaboard.com/threads/304058/#post1301782

I don't understand if you want a trivial timer or the full PIR switch function? The latter uses a 16-bit ADC which might be required for full sensitivity. A software timer can be made by any µP.

Status
Not open for further replies.