Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSP430 interface with AT86RF231

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarmad_101

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone,

I a student and working on a project.
The project is very low power circuit.

I am having a problem with interfacing with AT86RF231.

First I will describe a little bit what I am doing.

The input of the circuit is 0.8 V. Then I have installed the rectifier so that I can use dual polarity at the input.
The 0.8 V is increased to 4 Volts by booster.

The 4 V is divided here. One lead goes to the voltage regulator (Max8880) to constant it to 2.7 V. This Voltage power up all the ICs in the Board.

The 4V is also connected to the Super Capacitor to charge it and the charging start according to the programming in MSP430.

Now the Problem is that If I operate it with out AT86RF231 the board work fine.
But as I connect to the MSP430 then voltage at the boster output drop down to 2.1 V. At this moment there is no charging. Just powering on the MSP430 and the ATRF231.

I have connected the PMOS with a divider to provide power to the AT86RF231. When the gate of PMOS is low then the RF work else when the power up the divider will turn off the PMOS.
With out powering up RF, I don't know how the RF is drawing power from MSP430. Is it possible that RF drawing current from the RX TX pins connected to MSP430 ??

Does anybody have any hint about it...???

Can anybody help me out..

Thanks

Last edited:

A schematic of the PMOS part would help. Are you sure that the AT86RF231 is not powered up?

The current draw when AT86RF231 is powered up is probably too high for the circuit causing the voltage to drop. What did you use as the rectifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back