Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] MRF24J40MA cannot broadcast message - miwi p2p stack (peer to peer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild roze

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MRF24J40MA cannot broadcast message - miwi p2p stack(peer to peer)

Hi There,

First of all I wanted to say that I'm new bee to wireless devices.I am trying to build a simple miwi p2p network using PIC18F4550 and MRF24J0MA modules(2 nodes are trying to communicate) using miwi p2p stack.My problem here is I can't broadcast message from one node to other.

here are my basic configurations :

PIC = 48MHZ
SPI = 3 MHZ
Peer to peer not STAR topology
RF interrupt = Enabled
Sleep = Disabled
RESET = 1;
WAKE = 1;​

I'm sure that my SPI works fine,why because I got the anticipated 0XA0 from the module(code given below)

Code:
do
 {
        i = PHYGetLongRAMAddr(RFSTATE);
 }
 while ((i&0xA0) != 0xA0);

Code Flow:

The first node starts the connection by MiApp_StartConnection(START_CONN_DIRECT, 10, 0)
and second node establishes the connection via MiApp_EstablishConnection(0xFF, CONN_MODE_DIRECT) function.Both the nodes are set to same PAN ID.

After all these in the first node I try to broadcast a data
Code:
                         MiApp_FlushTx();
                         MiApp_WriteData('h'); 

if(MiApp_BroadcastPacket(false)==true)
                          {
                              // cursor comes here and the transmission is a success!! 
                           }

Sadly in the second node I'm unable receive any data..I put break point inside the interrupt

Code:
    if(RFIE && RFIF)
    {
         //  but never comes here
    }

I manually checked the external interrupt and it is working fine.

Can anyone help me out in this...I already spent hours in this..Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back