Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPPT BUCK Current Sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Anand Kumar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am about to design a MPPT buck controller with a PIC micro controller. I want to implement Incremental Conductance algorithm.
My question is what current value we have to use for the MPPT calculation? Because input current for the buck is pulsating (i.e. it a trapezoidal wave from in CCM or triangular in DCM ).

I think using average current value or RMS value of the wave form( hopping they will come close on doing math, but at this time I didn't do the math!) makes sense. Because all that we care is power out put from the solar panel.

My question also applies to voltage wave form, because I think the voltage from the panel will vary as the converter draws current from the panel.This is only my guess ( I didn't build the prototype yet).

I hope somebody would have successfully implemented the MPPT buck converter. Please share the ideas.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.