Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB C30 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom2

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is anyone who has instructions about how to install MPLAB C30 comiler ????

If yes pleas upload it.

You simply download it from here **broken link removed** and unzip the download. Click setup and follow the instructions.

Have you tried to install it and it has failed or have you installed it but are unable to compile with it?

Keith

I install MPLAB C30 but when i try to create a new project (at step two) when i choose Microchip C30 tool suite and i put a name i get the massage that "one of the tool path do not point to an existing file .... i marked with X" . i get a mark X at LIB 30 Archiver(pic30-ar.exe ).

How to fix this problem??????

The MPLAB C30 compiler is compatible with dsPIC33 series?

If is compatible why i get the message:

Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin\pic30-gcc.exe" -mcpu=33FJ06GS101 -x c -c "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\try.c" -o"try.o" -D__DEBUG -g -Wallpic30-coff-cc1.exe: error: Invalid -mcpu option. CPU 33FJ06GS101 not recognized.Halting build on first failure as requested.----------------------------------------------------------------------Debug build of project `C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\examples\1.mcp' failed.Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined.Mon May 14 17:11:51 2012----------------------------------------------------------------------BUILD FAILED

?????

(i define the device to the configure menu )

I assume it is connected with the problem you have with the C30 generally. The 16 bit C compiler covers the dsPIC and PIC24 all in one installation. You can buy a licence for one which doesn't cover the other but it would still work - the optimization would just be reduced. Could you post the project you are trying to build here?

Keith.

I fix the first problem with the C30. It is working for dsPIC30.. micro controller . The code that i use is a simple code of few lines (as you can see bellow) just to check is the compiler is working and then i will start my project.

#include "p33FJ128MC804.h"

//#include "p30F5013.h"

//#include <libpic30.h>
#include <stdio.h> /* Required for printf */

int main (int argc, char * argv[])
{
printf ("Hello, world!");

return 0;
}

According your reply if i buy the license for both dspic30/33 i will need to re -install it or just to put the license file in place and connect it with MPLAB??????

According your reply if i buy the license for both dspic30/33 i will need to re -install it or just to put the license file in place and connect it with MPLAB??????

You can simply install the licence. See here: **broken link removed**

In your code, does the #include match the device you have selected in MPLAB (I assume you used the "new project wizard")?

Keith.

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

This may also be of interest:

https://www.microchip.com/forums/m353032.aspx

Keith.

Finally i fix the problem. Now i would like to ask if anyone has any tutorial about programming MPLAB C30. (I have experience with CCS compiler but i have not any experience with C30 compiler).

I found the book "Programming 16 bit Microcontrollers in C" useful. ISBN10 - 0750682922 ISBN13 - 9780750682923

Keith.

Reactions: Tom2

Tom2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.