Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moving message display

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I want to design & develop moving message display by 89c52.Can it be possible? Or I have to use other microcontroller?

Hi,

If you want to do this in real time with opaque and shadows at a colored HD TV screen then your microcontroller is not the right choice.
If it is an 8 character alphanumeric display then it is an easy task.

You see it can't be answered with your given information.

It additionally depends on the uused display (character count, interface, resolution ....) and on your controller parameters (memory, clock frequency....)

Klaus

The answer can be much more shortly. Today unreasonable to develop anything based on 89c52. That was actual 30 years ago.

16X2 LCD should work with that controller. What kind of display you are planning to use?

Controller is not a matter.... What is your project? Matrix size maximum? What you are going to display? Scanning ratio?

Assuming that you are referring to a matrix LED display panel, yes an 8-bit uC such as the 51 core is able to do that. I've done this with a microcontroller from Microchip 16F family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back