Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moving from Orcad (cadense PSD 14.2) to a new package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

egemini

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad 14.2

Dear friends.
We are currently using Orcad for our RF (below 1Ghz) and mixed signal PCB design. We would like to move to a new package , so that our MW office designs can be directly loaded and for many other new features which are not available in layout. ( orcad layout is still in the state of 1998 except for some minor changes)
So I request your valuable suggestions. So that the change can be easier as well as most useful.

Thank you :D

centiago

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad to allegro 14.2 translator

If you are moving to SPB 15.7, it had a feature of converting Orcad design to Allegro Database.

I am not sure which package you going for, Ic case you new package doesn't have the fature to import from Orcad, you'll have either buy 3rd party translator or adopt reverse engineer.

Happy translation session. Good Luck

Elfstone

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad to allegro 14.2

Take a look at the Altium Designer 6 software, it has a very good translator from OrCad to Designer6. I recently got my company to swithed from OrCad to Altium and it has turned out very well. You should really do a complete evaluation before switching, to make sure you get a tool that wil do what you want.
Good luck.

abhi002

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi egemini

You can evaluate the Zuken software's for more advance option.
As we hav seen lot's of customers are moving form Orcad to Zuken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor