Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

moving component beetween layers in ADS momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfarhan1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
can any one tell me how to move spiral component in ADS momentum from cond layer to any other layer with out flaterring it and preserving its parameters.
Please try once before propossing, i am on to it for quite a long time but no success.
PN:Only coping is not required but preservation of parameters are necessary means it could be modified on any layer by changing number of turns, or width etc.
waiting for your expert responce
regards
Farhan

do u have a project , so i can try it on ur project

or just use the ADS spiral component

khouly

thanks khouly
there is no specific project. Just drag two spirals they will be on cond layer by default. I need to move one of them to any other layer with out loosing its parameters. hope you understand and could help me

you need to tune the parameter first to the desired parameter, then flatten the spiral and finally move it completely to other layer. all the components are in cond layer as default and you can not change it without flattening.

i can not not tune it before moving. the final shape will be tuned and that has spiral on both layers, so i cant not flattered it.

upload your example & will see

What you have to do is create a schematic with the inductor and place a substrate component with it and then generate a layout from the schematic window.
To move the component (inductor) to any other layer first go to the schematic window double click on the substrate and change the layer it is point to. Then from the "layout" menu (still in schematic window) select "generate/update layout"
and the layout will be updated witth the inductor on the new layer.

mfarhan1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@cdney
Bro i can not find any spiral component in schematic which has an option of changing layer number, can you elaborate further and tell me exactly where can i find that spiral component
Thanks

@mfarhan

there are options in ADS shematic to change components layer, for that just change the layer information of defind substrate like in "MSub1" use different layer that b'cond' layer

if need more help mail me anil.21p@gmail.com

mfarhan1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back