Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] which domain of vlsi design has much scope in vlsi industry right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumansamui

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please share your views .................

Re: which domain of vlsi design has much scope in vlsi industry right now?

Well being an VLSI (ASIC) engineer . i come across two type of Jobs ..

1) frontend

2) backend

If you are just aiming to get Job , then go for frontend , you will easily get Job , whereas in backend , jobs r little less , but once u get a break , then pay scale is much higher then frontend ... You need to b very gud at ur basics if u r applying for backend .. i too belong to backend only ...

As jeet mentioned there are mainly two types of job in VLSI industry. Both the fields have opportunities. Choose domain of your interest!!! You can choose your domain depending on your skill set. If you are good at HDL coding, Digital Design (State Machine Design, logic design). Go for Front End design. If you have good knowledge of MOS,CMOS,layout. Go for Back End design. Backend has a lot of opportunities.

thanks a lot for replies.....

i am interested in front end design.i want to do project right now.but confused in choosing the domain of my project...whether i should go for analog or digital or rf ic design......plz give me some opinion....what type of project exposure will help me in getting jobs in industry as a front-end design engineer.

Sir , can you recommend gud books for backend i.e. for cmos , mos etc. .. i have "neil weste" & "jacob baker" ... is their any MUST buy book for freshers who are interested in backend , just like me ... my basics r gud.
As jeet mentioned there are mainly two types of job in VLSI industry. Both the fields have opportunities. Choose domain of your interest!!! You can choose your domain depending on your skill set. If you are good at HDL coding, Digital Design (State Machine Design, logic design). Go for Front End design. If you have good knowledge of MOS,CMOS,layout. Go for Back End design. Backend has a lot of opportunities.

Jeet, Neil Weste is one of the best book for CMOS. You can also refer to:
1. Digital integrated circuits: a design perspective by Jan M. Rabaey
2. Cmos Digital Integrated Circuits by Sung-Mo Kang

I am currently doing a basic project on hdl for my final year project. My front end part is good but i find MOS and CMOS to be interesting and easy to understand far better than frontend part. Coming to layout i have to start preparing for it.
My question being i am currently doing my project on frontend, how can i prepare myself for the backend which i believe i can be better than frontend?
I have no guidance, can you guys guide me!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back